Saturday, January 29, 2011

My aquathon story...

Well, I am proud to say that I completed the Illawarra Aquathon on Australia Day so that's goal number one for 2011 ticked off. Although I wasn't completely happy with my performance on the day, particularly my swim, I am just glad that I did it.

My swim was terrible! Besides swallowing mouthfuls of harbour water (yuck!), my swim technique (not that mine is that great) went right out the window and I seemed to be struggling with my stroke and trying to look where I was going at the same time! This photo of me coming out of the water kind of says it all.... I was thinking "Thank god that's over!!!"



So now to my run... well, I felt a lot more comfortable running and ended up 9th best runner. I had a painful stitch in my side for most of it - no doubt from drinking all that lovely saltwater (lol). I was happy with my strong finish:




Overall time: 27:31mins. Looking forward to scrapbooking this day :)

Now onto my next challenge... well, there are 2...

1) Complete 5km in sub-23mins;
2) Run the Sydney Half Marathon in May in under 1 hour 50 mins.

Wish me luck :)

5 comments:

  1. Luuuuck! I know you can do it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness Linda... how fit are you.. I have come to right place to stay motivated with fitness I can see :))
    Its great working alongside you on Stuck?! too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! :) :) I wish I could do what you're doing! You're amazing by just having real aims like the Sydney Marathon :) :) Can't wait to work alongside you at Stuck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! You are fit...I'm inspired by YOU! LOL..
    Thanks so much for dropping by my blog! Sure hoping you get a scrap space soon. I;d love to see it when its ready." :o)
    P.S CONGRATS again on the Stuck DT..look forward to working alongside you :o)

    ReplyDelete